If you want to copy a Learning Path, for example when you want a similar Learning Path with one or two added courses for a different group of employees, you can easily do this in your Academy.
Copying Learning Paths
Select the Training Admin Workspace. Under Manage Training on the left, select Learning Paths. Then select the learning path from the list.
Under Edit Learning Path on the right, select Copy Learning Path.
Check the boxes next to those elements you'd like to copy, and select Copy Learning Path when finished.
The elements included in the list are the following:
- Learning path image
You have also the option to decide if you want to create new instances of the learning path courses. If you decide to create new instances, the course of the copied learning path will be independent of the respective courses in the original learning path; progress will not be shared between the two.
If you don't check the option to create new instances, progress in the new learning path's courses will mirror that in the original's.
- Learning path A is assigned to a user
- The user completes all courses within the learning path and gets 100% learning path completion
If you copy learning path A and assigned it to the same user
- All courses within learning path A COPY will automatically be completed with the same completion dates as learning path A
- The learning path A COPY will also automatically be completed with the same completion date as learning path A
If you are an Admin and you wish to be notified when the copy process has started and finished, you'll need to make sure the notification is enabled.
Select the Training Admin Workspace. Under Notifications on the left, select Academy.
Copied learning paths will be set as private by default and they will be added under the "Without Category". Feel free to adjust the learning path settings if needed.
- It is possible to copy a learning path either in the same academy or to another one. However, learning path events are not being copied from one academy to another as each event (learning path connected or standalone) is directly associated with the academy's Org structure.
- In addition, if you are copying a learning path from one academy to another please check that the above-mentioned notification settings are enabled in both academies.
1. For example, if you copy a learning path from Academy A to Academy B and the email notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive an email stating that the copy has finished.
2. This applies to the in-app notifications as well. If you copy a learning path from Academy A to Academy B and the in-app notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive the relevant notification stating that the process has finished.
- It is not an instant action and it takes time depending on the system load at the time you copy the learning path.