In Schoox, you can build games to add motivation and fun into learning.
As an Admin, you have the option to create different levels and choose which population of your Academy will be able to unlock levels of your game.
NOTE: Points awarded through games or any activity that awards points are not applied retroactively. Points are only awarded from the time the activity or game is set up as described in this article.
Creating a Game
In order to be able to create a game, you first must enable the Gamification module for your academy. Select the Academy Admin Workspace. Under Settings on the left, select Control Panel.
Within the Gamification Module section, toggle the option to Yes.
You are now ready to create your own game! Select the Social Workspace. On the left select Games.
Select Create game
- Add a Game Name: You can choose names for your game levels (e.g. Beginner, Amateur, Runner, Expert, etc.) but levels can have also numbers that will show up within the respective badges). Numbers can make clear the difference between two levels that are in great distance to each other.
- Select an icon for your Game
- Game Limitations: You can choose which population of your Academy will be able to unlock the levels of your game.
Click on the blue Save button at the bottom of the page once finished. You can now proceed with all of the additional settings for your game:
- Select if you want the different game levels to have also numbers (e.g. 1st, 2nd, …)
- Define the Game Levels:
- Click on the plus icon in order to create a level for your game:
- Add a name for your level and define the points that are needed to unlock this level
- Click on the french key icon in order to change your badge icon, shape, color, etc.
Activities: Choose activities through which members will be able to earn Points for your game. Many activities when performed provide Points to multiple members. For example, when a member completes a Course he earns Points as a Learner but at the same time, you can choose for the Instructor of the course to earn Points as well.
Add the points you want the activity to award. For activities related to Courses or Curricula, you also have the option to select if you want All courses to award the points when this activity is completed, or only specific Selected Courses.
Do not forget to set your game as an active one! To do so, go to your games' listing and set the toggle to yes.
Each user will be able to see their active games as well as their current progress by accessing their personal profile.
The active games are under the Accomplishments tab, Badges option.
You, as an Admin, have the option to enable an in-app notification that will inform the user about the points he earned for each one of the activities.
Select the Academy Admin Workspace. Under Notifications on the left, select Academy.
Find Leaderboard notifications under Leaderboards tab and switch the toggle to yes.
Read also: Leaderboard Notifications