Those who have been given the permission to edit courses can also copy courses.
Select Training Admin Workspace. Under Manage Training on the left, select Courses.
Select the appropriate course title from the list.
In the course panel on the right, under Edit Course and select Copy Course.
In the window that appears, check the box next to each element you want to copy, then select Copy Course at the bottom.
To receive notifications when courses have been successfully copied, select Training Admin in the workspace launcher. Under Notifications on the left, select Academy. Then enable the notification under Your course or Learning Path has been successfully copied.
Once the process has started you will see a notification stating that the process has begun.
The process will be completed in the background; you will receive another notification stating that the process has finished.
Upon clicking this notification you will be redirected to the new course panel, where you can adjust the course settings.
You can also receive email notifications about when the copy process has finished. Upon enabling you will receive an email notification once the copy has finished.
- It is possible to copy a course either in the same academy or to another one. However, course events are not being copied from one academy to another as each event (course connected or standalone) is directly associated with the academy's Org structure.
- In addition, if you are copying from one academy to another please check that the above-mentioned notification settings are enabled in both academies.
1. For example, if you copy a course from Academy A to Academy B and the email notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive an email stating that the copy has finished.
2. This applies to the in-app notifications as well. If you copy a course from Academy A to Academy B and the in-app notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive the relevant notification stating that the process has finished.
- It is not an instant action and it takes time depending on the system load at the time you copy the course.