As an Admin, you can control who has access to groups in a category by adding specific permissions in your category. These permissions can be set per group category, based on jobs and your academy’s organizational structure. Simply put, you are able to create rules per user’s job in each category.
Select Social in the workspace launcher. On the left. under Groups, select Group Categories.
Groups in the upper navigation bar to go to your Academy Groups. Then, you can create a new group category by clicking on the (+) icon next to General on the Group Categories Panel. You can modify a group category by clicking on the “small wrench” icon in front of the category's title. A set of functions will appear allowing you to
1. Change Permissions,
2. Rename the Category,
3. Add a subcategory and
4. Delete the category.
By clicking the "Locker" icon, the following screen will be displayed allowing you to add or modify permissions for the category. Admins and Training Managers have access to all categories with no specific permissions required.
Give the permissions you want to Content Managers or All Employees by clicking on the relevant checkbox.
You can also choose specific jobs and give permissions to specific units and above units. To do so, click on the Add Job/ Unit Criteria option and select the desired job(s), above unit(s) and unit(s).
1. Click on "view selected" to easily filter only the selected values.
2. If you click on the "All" option one time, you will select all current and future items. By clicking twice on the "All" option, you will select all the current options allowing you to deselect some of the selected options if needed.
Finally, save to update the category!
- A category presents the groups of all its subcategories.
- If you delete a category, all groups included will be listed in the "Without Category" section under Categories.
- If you delete a subcategory, all groups included will be listed in the parent category.
Read more: How to create a group?