A Learning Path is a type of training comprised of a group of courses usually on a related topic. Learning Paths can have multiple courses of the same language or different languages. Based on how you set them up you can have different Learning Path functionalities to fit your needs!
Who can Create a Learning Path
Users with Admin rights, Training Managers and users with the Create Learning Path permission enabled can create Learning Paths in their academy.
Please note that Training Managers should be allowed from the Academy Settings in order to be able to create Learning Paths. See more about job permissions here: Defining Permissions per Job
Now let's check in more detail how you can create a Learning Path and what options you have!
Creating a Learning Path
If you have the ability to create a Learning Path, the procedure is quite easy. Go to the Training Admin Workspace and select Manage Training -> Learning Paths in the left navigation bar. Then select Create Learning Path to create a new Learning Path.
Once you click on the Create Learning Path button, you will be directed to the Course Catalogue. To include courses in your new curriculum, drag and drop them into the Create Learning Path block at the bottom of the page.
Once you are done click Save, and you will be redirected to the Edit Learning Path page where you will be able to set up your Learning Path settings!
1. First up, there are some basic settings you need to define for your Learning Path. You can give your Learning Path a Title, a Description and place it under the Training Category you want to. Moreover, you have the option to add some learning goals or some tags so you may find your Learning Path easier!
2. You can select if you want this Learning Path to award a Certificate. If you select "No" then no certificate will be awarded to the users that complete this Learning Path. If you select "Yes" then a certificate will be awarded to the users.
3. If you selected to award a certificate to the users who complete this Learning Path, then you have the option to define the Certificate Expiration Settings to match your needs.
You can learn more here: Defining the Certificate Expiration Settings for Academy Learning Paths
4. You should select a Default Language for your Learning Path. The users who enroll in your Learning Path may be assigned to different Learning Path Courses based on the language you select here, their preferred language, and how you set up your Learning Path Courses.
Please note that the Default Language cannot be changed after the Learning Path is created.
5. Select the Learning Path Estimated Duration. The Learning Path aggregates total value of courses as written in the course estimated duration. However, you may override if needed
6. You can select to set your Learning Path as a compliance Learning Path.
Read more: Managing Your Academy's Compliance Learning Paths
7. You can select whether the Learning Path completion date will be determined by the courses in the Learning Path that users completed on their own or were completed by the admin. The Learning Path Completion Date setting has three options:
Learning Path completion date will be determined by courses of the Learning Path that:
- users completed on their own or were completed by admin. This is the default option, which will set the completion date based on the last course completed, independently of if it was completed by user or admin.
- users completed on their own. In this case, the courses that were completed by the admin and not by the user will be ignored when the Learning Path completion date is calculated.
- were completed by admin. In this case, the courses that were completed by the user and not by admin will be ignored when the Learning Path completion date is calculated.
Please note that in all cases, the Learning Path completion date will be the date that the last course was completed. However, based on the setting, the course taken into account for Learning Path completion may be the last course completed by admin, the last course completed by the user, or the last course completed in general.
8. You can select for which users, an approval will be needed upon self-enrollment, so they may be able to access the course. Just click on the checkbox and select the organizational criteria these users meet.
Don't forget to click Save when finished!
Read more: Learning Path Settings