A Course is a type of training that can be comprised of multiple lectures, events, on-the-job trainings, and/or polls. You can customize these to fit your needs.
Users with Admin rights, Training Managers, and Users with the 'Create Course' permission enabled can create Courses in their relevant Academy.
Please note that Training Managers should be given permission via the Academy Settings in order to be able to create Courses.
To create a Course, select Training Admin from the upper navigation panel.
In the left navigation bar, click on Manage Training, then click on Courses
Hover over Training in your academy navigation bar, click on Courses and click on Create Course.
Once you do so, you will be redirected to the Edit Course page where you will be able to set up your Course' settings.
1. First, there are some basic settings to define for your Course.
Give your Course a title, a description and select if the ownership of the Course you are creating will be under you or your Academy. You also have the option to add any system requirements or tags to more easily search for the Course.
2. Select which Training Category(s) this Course will be under.
3. Select a Level and a Language for your Course. Please note that the default language is English.
4. You have the option to add an estimated duration for your course in order to inform the users about the estimated time that they will need to spend on this course (this field will be displayed on the course's About page).
Please note that when an Admin or Manager marks a Course (or Learning Path) as "completed", the courses' completion time will be prefilled and saved with the course estimated duration, if you have given one.
5. Select if you want this Course to award a certificate. If you select "No" then no certificate will be awarded to the users that complete this course. If you select "Yes" then a certificate will be awarded to the users.
6. If you selected to award a certificate to the users who complete this Course, then you have the option to define the Certificate Expiration Settings to match your needs.
You can read more on Certificate Expiration Settings here: Defining the Certificate Expiration Settings for Academy Courses
7. You can now choose if you want additional data including Course hours and instructor's name(s) to be printed on the Course certificate reports:
8. You can select if your users will be able to re-take this course after completing it, using the Multiple Completions are Allowed setting. By enabling this setting, a user who completed a Course will be able to access the Course steps if they click on the Retake button. Once they click on the Retake button, the Course progress will be reset to 0% and the completion will be transferred to the Past Completions area on the employee's dashboard.
9. You can define if your users will be able to access this Course after they miss their due date by using the Lock course if user misses the due date setting. By enabling this, if a user does not complete the coursework by the due date, the Course will be locked and they will not be able to access it until an Admin or Manager unlocks it for them.
In case a Course has been locked for a user, you, as an Admin/ Manager will be able to identify the Course by the Locked indication next to the Course title, under the employee's dashboard. Please note that the change of this setting doesn't work retroactively.
10. Fill in any Custom Attributes you may have for your course and select if they will be displayed on the users' certificates. Only one custom attribute can be added to any certificate.
11. You can select to set your Course as a compliance course. Read more: Managing my Academy's Compliance Courses
12. Select if you would like for users to have the option to review and rate your Course and/or if it will have a Discussion Board.
- Admins are able to delete individual ratings and reviews from a Course in order to avoid having inappropriate user-generated content.
- Reviews from users will remain after they are deactivated.
13. Select if any of your academy members will need approval in order to self-enroll in this Course by enabling the Self-Enrollment Approval setting and select the organizational criteria these users meet. Read more here: Self-Enrollment Approval
14. Choose what should happen with the Course progress if the Course is a part of a Learning Path and a user is obliged to retake this Learning Path. Should the Course progress remain unaffected?
15. You can add Credits to your Course if your Admin has set them up for your Academy by selecting the credit type, adding the number of credits the users should receive upon the Course completion, and select if these credits should be visible on users' certificates.
Don't forget to click Save when finished.
Adding Content and Lectures
Once you click Save, your Course will be created and you will then be ready to add content and lectures before publishing the Course to your employees. Read more: Adding Lectures to a Course
Publishing your Course
By default, Your Course is in private and assign-only mode. To make your Course visible to either just your employees or to both your employees and external members, select the relevant box(es) and click the Private button to enable access to the Course.
Please note that in general, the set of Courses that are available to users is primarily defined by the categories that they have access to. So, if a Course is public but in a category that your users do not have access, they will not be able to see the Course unless they are assigned to it.
Please also note that your Course needs at least one visible lecture before it can be published.
Read more: Course Settings